Friday 6 June 2014

Beautiful dawns

A nice upper double broke the quiet run of the last few trips!
Well, I admit I wasn't going to do another blog entry before the big 16th day of June but I had to upload a few pics I took last week whilst out walking and I even got a quick overnighter in on my little water! I suddenly decided out of the blue on Wednesday night to grab a quick 12 hr session on the pool. I grabbed the gear at 7pm and dived out the door to see if I could snatch another nice fish out the pond.

The week so far has been a little hectic with lots on all round. Tuesday night was a fantastic evening spent in the company of my good mate Joel Biddles new band Blackwaters. They asked me if I could whiz over to the studios to watch them practice and do a photoshoot for some publicity stock.
Blackwaters Rock band.....top lads and they sounded amazing!!!!

I met the lads over at the studio at 7pm and we had a great laugh taking some outdoor album cover type pics then I spent 2 hours watching them practice perform some covers and a few of their own tracks as well.

 I have to say that they are one of the best small unsigned groups I've heard in a very long time. A hugely talented bunch of lads!

Anyway, apart from that little adventure there's been bait and tackle flying out, my first ever article in Carp World got published this month too. With part 2 out in July's issue. It's all about my time on the legendary Crayfish Pool.

I hope those of you that grab a copy find it an enjoyable read. Back to the little overnighter and I decided to try a new swim that I hadn't ever fished before.
My first ever article in Carp World, a 2 part featuring in June and July's issues

It's not quite as weedy as my usual swim and has a fair amount more depth to it too. In fact the best part of about 5-6 feet more water. I dropped a few handfuls of the trusty CBS Red X boilies into the swim, all 14 and 16mm and placed my 22mm hook bait onto the size 4 Saber hook. This was presented in my usual manner with a blow back rig ring and a small mesh PVA bag slid down the rig to stop it tangling in the weed.

I chose two likely looking spots and dropped into the water feeling the lead down. The lead settled on a firm bottom with a soft donk. Good enough for me I thought and I settled back with a brew and watched the light fade away.

Just stunning in every way!
The majority of the evening was quiet apart from the rain and odd noisy bird in the trees. It was around 12.10am before any activity started and I began to get a few liners on both rods! I sat up in bed and listened intently as a few odd fish splashed around in front of my swim.




Around 12.45am the left hand rod broke the silence and a few bleeps sounded from the Delk. This was followed by a few more and as I exited the bed the rod flew into action. The fight was nothing special by any standards but I was pleased to engulf the net around a pretty common of 18lb 9oz.

A beautiful start to the day!
I slipped her back after a couple of pics and recast the rod onto the spot. I was thinking I was looking at another result within a few seconds as my left rod started to show a lot of indications of fish present but this turned into nothing and all I was left with by the end of the night was another run from a 6lb fat bream.

Late on last week I had a walk around a local club water at dawn with my camera and captured some stunning images of sun light beaming through the trees and on another occasion I was lucky enough to capture a short video of a Kingfisher doing it's thing whilst sat on my rods!

I'll share of few of the images with you on here as I think they really capture what a lot of us love so much about being next to water when many others are wrapped up under the covers at home.

See you all soon
Keith
x