Thursday 9 April 2015

Easter fun!

Happy Easter guys!

Sker was beautiful as ever!
What a wonderful few days weather we've had eh? I can't remember the last time I personally felt the warmth of the beautiful sun on my back like I have this last week....It's probably the best Easter weather we've had??? Easter Sunday was spent on the beach at Sker with the family and we traipsed across the dunes to the lovely rock pools and fished out shells and coloured stones.

When we got back to the car I realized some twat had hit my car and scraped their bumper down the side rear arch....what a bloody nuisance! When will people start to care about other peoples things? In the evening I took Tom and his Uncle Stephen to see the awesome Blackwaters Rock band in Blackwood. The guys rocked it as usual with stuff by the Foos, Cameo, Guns and Roses and Lenny Kravitz to name just a few. What a great evening!

  I took the wife and Natasha down to see the rest of the family in Hampshire and Dorset last week and left our Tom at home for the first time to fend for himself and feed the managery! Needless to say he did a great job and will be trusted again next time! Well done son x

The trip down was kind of eventful in that it was the first time my new driver wife had driven on the motorway and despite a few nervous words she did exceptionally well and covered 80 miles quite handsomely! She did the same distance home and again drove impeccably. I'm very proud of her...
Thanks a bunch arse hole!

The brief few days spent down south were delightful and after a very early start on the Tuesday morning, we arrived at Mariannes mums house in Salisbury for 9.30am. The morning was spent chatting and then we ventured out to a garden and aquatics center at Porton. Nothing exciting about that I hear you say....well, if you like big Koi carp then get your back side over there as they have a stunning outside pool with the most incredible collection of very large Koi and Sturgeon in it. I sat there for a good hour just watching them and stroking them. Wonderful!

Less wonderful was the stomach infection that I have seemingly picked up....Not at all sure what's caused it and exactly what it is as yet but It started the day we arrived and I have it still now a week and a bit later. The doctor wants samples and bloods from me next Tuesday, so fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

Blackwaters smashing it in Blackwood! Great band, great music and a great bunch of lads...love u guys x
After we left M's mums, we popped over to see our Stuey and Nik with their new addition 'Baby Milo'. And what a handsome young lad he is too. It was wonderful to catch up with them all and I had a lovely cuddle of little Millie, who is growing into a super gorgeous little girl. A Chinese meal and 4 hours later saw us roll up at my mums place in Weymouth for the night. And at 12.30am we were totally exhausted from the very long day we had had.
My Amanite from Portland!

The Wednesday was spent in and around Portland and we had an awesome walk along the Jurassic coastline and I even found a really awesome Amanite fossil! We had a few hours spent in Portland Light house and tea rooms before retiring for dinner in a very nice local Pub. Thank Sue and Ivor Toms for your hospitality x

Well, down to some fishing at last and despite the ongoing stomach problems that are blighting my every day life, I ventured out last night to my regular bolt hole club water for the night. I turned up around 4pm and the sun was beaming down on the water and the fish were all over the surface of the pool. There were bream everywhere and I knew it was going to be tough work from the word 'go'!

I set up in the same swim I fished 2 weeks ago and got my gear sorted for the night. Both rods went out to a similar area and I fired out a handful of the ever faithful Fireball boiles and a few tiger nuts. I put out a size 2 hook and a pair of 20mm boilies and awaited the action. One of the lake regulars popped in to say hello and we chatted until just after dark before he left me to myself for the night.

My first proper bit of action was around 11.30pm with a take on the right hand rod which turned out to be a pesky bream! On a bait that size too! Another bream signaled a take at around 1.30am and I was begining to think it was going to be tough graft getting through the darn things to get to the carp.

Another low double original from my little piece of paradise. Well chuffed!


I nodded off around 3am after sitting listening out for crashing fish and alike and the next thing I knew was I was awoken rudely by a screaming take on the left hand rod at 7.15am. The fish kited hard to the left and tried to do my rig in the inside marginal growth. Some side strain and continued pressure saw her come free and within a few minutes she was in the back of the net sulking!

It wasn't a big fish by anyone's standards but like the last fish I had from there a fortnight or so ago, it was a very pretty dark chestnut coloured common of around 11 or 12lbs. I'm really happy now that things have picked up down there a bit and as soon as I feel a little better then I'll be back at it there trying for one of the bigger beasties!

Hope your all in good health and here's to the Summer!!!!!!
Keith x