Friday 1 January 2016

Welcome 2016!

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

I hope your all recovering from a great week or so of festivities? It was a very quiet affair in my house hold....Just the way we like it. Turkey roast late afternoon, with wine and all the family sat around the table laughing and merry. The kids are what it's all about in our house and they had a wonderful day.

I on the other hand lasted just a few hours before passing out as I usually do!
The wife worked the majority of the build up to crimbo, so we were all a bit tired out from strange hours etc. I cannot thank her enough for all her hard work and what she does for our family...the woman is a trooper. A one of a kind lady that we are so lucky to be blessed with.

What it's all about....time with my awesome family! Love you guys so much xxxx
It appears that my 'friends' in the fishing club have been busy again trying to upset the applecart. They got some spotty little crater faced mong to write a horrible message to my wife just before Christmas.....Well, I won't go into details but needless to say it was a message full of inaccuracies and totally made up lies. Almost laughable to be honest....we know who you are and those involved. The names of those have been forwarded to the police and all I would say to you is get a grip you childish saddos.

A lovely end to 2015!
Anyway, enough of that crap...life's too short to be worried about 'Dicks' and their friends. My last chance of wetting a line this year was a little delayed due to the inclement very wet weather.

I had hoped to get out on either the Severn or Wye but the huge influx of rainfall scuppered that idea and I was forced onto one of my local bolt hole club waters.

I arrived early hours of New Years eve and got set up in a windy rain storm. I put a Fireball pop up out over a small bed of hemp and corn and the other rod had a small coverage of Euphasia boilies put over it.

This was first to go and a cracking common of 15lb 5oz found the net. In great condition too! The fish put up a really good scrap too. It was absolutely hauling it down outside and I sat under the flap of the bivvy door whilst playing the fish in my jumper! I tried to stay dry but it was apparent that I was going to have to get wet at some point in the fight! And so I did!

Lewis and Craig joined me about an hour later and as the day progressed so did the weather! The conditions slowly got worse and the wind became gale force at times. The lads managed a couple of bream, tench and a small mirror carp before succumbing to the horrid conditions.

I sat it out for the night then and had the lake to myself for New Years celebrations....It's the first time I've seen the New Year in on the bankside and it was rather interesting to say the least!

The fireworks were absolutely deafening as the bangs echoed through the forest and bounced back to make a sound that would have made a great soundtrack to the end of the world!

I managed to bag 3 carp and a bream before midnight and then around 2am I had my first fish of 2016 in the form of a nice low double common.

All the fish were in fantastic condition and despite the horrific weather I really enjoyed another nice little session. I hope your all well and that 2016 is a great year for you all.


Lots of love
Keith
x